Monday, February 1, 2010

My new Barry M (and stargazer) Lipsticks!

Today was my first day at school in over a week because of sickness, and yet all I could think of was when these were going to arrive. I was so excited to see them in the mail today. I would've had my skirts too if it weren't for my stupidity. But I'll speak of that later. For now, a review!

To start off with, I ordered two Barry M lipsticks and one Stargazer lipstick from Smallbaldman, an ebay store in the UK. (the names people come up with, haha) The Barry M Lipsticks were roughly $6.80, and the stargazer one was roughly $3.50. shipping was $7 (If you message the Ebayer you can get less expensive shipping, but I did not do that D=) so for 3 lipsticks from the UK, it was about $25.00.

Compared to my original plan of getting one lipstick from Limecrime for 21 dollars including shipping, I'd say I made a pretty good deal.

I ordered these bad boys on the 25th, they were shipped same day, and they took a week to arrive. Once again, this is overseas....so, not bad at all. In fact, thats AMAZING.

Well, I think I have babbled enough about where I bought them...now for the main attraction.

THE LIPSTICKS =D

These pictures are not flattering at all xD. But, thats not the point of them, so I don't care!
Moving on..

Barry M Lip "paint" in #147 Peachy Pink

All picture were taken with natural lighting on an overcast day, fyi.
I had seen different reviews on this lipstick, all very different, but I decided to go for it, and I am SO GLAD that I did. Its a matte finish, depending on the person that could be a good or a bad thing. For me, its very very good. Its an orangy coral color. If you have blue eyes this is a must! This lipstick is very opaque, but looking at the picture, I would say its a tiny bit..brighter? It just, makes for of a statement than the picture shows in my opinion.
Keeping it short and sweet, so..moving on!

Barry M Lip paint in #101 Marshmellow

The formulation of this is very similar to #147, but I do not have the same love for this one. I was expecting this to be a pale nude, just like my skin tone, because I wanted an alternative to putting foundation on my lips. This color just does not do that for me. It is more of a pinky nude then a true flesh color. Don't get me wrong, its a wonderful color, but it just...doesn't work. At least, by itself. I haven't lost all hope for it. It may make a good base for a lipgloss or something. One other thing I didn't like about it was that it highlighted the chapped part of my lips (cold washington will do that to you) But I'm not too worried about that because it may just inspire me to find a better moisterizing lip balm. Summary: I like it, I don't LOVE it.

Stargazer lipstick in #115

I bought this one because it is VERY much like Limecrimes D'lilac, and for such a risky color, I wanted to get something cheaper. At first, I was going to get Barry M's #129 palest lavender, but Some reviews said that it wasn't good, so I went with this one instead. I am so glad I did. This lipstick is AMAZING. I love the formula, its creamy and soft, but it doesn't feel like its going anywhere. In other words not too creamy like the Barry M 129. This lipstick makes me feel amazing. I was worried I would feel clownish, but I don't at all! The only worry I have is...will it make my yellow-y teeth stand out? I will be getting whitestrips..but still.
I love this lipstick....especially the price. 3.50...omnomnom.

As a whole, these lipsticks are amazing. The formula is great, the colors were fantastic. Even the packaging is super classy =]

Even if you don't like the colors I picked out, there are many MANY more to choose from. There is of course less of a selection at the ebay store since they don't carry EVERY color...But I'd say they carry roughly half of the colors.

But, you can always order from Barry M as well. I hear their eye dusts and nail paints are fantastic!I will be getting some from ebay....I am the ebay queen =3

I am not sure if stargazer ships internationally...sorry about that.

Anyways, I hope this is helpful to you!

Since I got these today, nail polishes are being pushed back...again.
I shall talk about those tomorrow.

Question: What are you "the queen" (or king) of?

2 comments:

Mallory said...

I love your makeup! I want to buy some now :)

Anonymous said...

I love all of them, but especially the first one!